What is Microblading / Feather Touch Brows?
Microblading is a manual form of Cosmetic Tattooing, Feather Touch or Feathering is the technique. This is achieved by implementing high quality pigments into the epidermis to create what looks like fine, delicate strokes of hair.
Microblading is best suitable for dry - normal skin types only.
What does the treatment involve?
The treatment consists of a full consultation, where the Brow Speciliast will educate the client on the procedure, followed by 45 minutes working on the clients 'pre draw' to determine the best brow shape suited to each individuals face. Once the Brow Specialist has the approval from the client, the tattooing will commence.
How long does the treatment take?
Initial procedures will take up to 2.5 hours, follow up procedures will take 1.5 hours and annual procedures will take 2 hours.
Does it hurt?
Everyones pain tollerance is different, however this treatment should not be excruciating. It is very bareable. Factors such as being hormonal or stressed can increase our sensitivity levels.
How many treatments are required?
This is a two part process and a follow up procedure is required 6-8 weeks later in order to achieve the best results. The follow up procedure is included in the total cost.
Is numbing cream applied?
Numbing cream will be applied to the skin AFTER the first pass has been completed and the skin has been broken. From here, the rest of the treatment will be 100% pain free.
When numbing cream is applied to the skin BEFORE it has been broken, it will change the structure of the skin, affect the results and can cause scarring. No tattoo artist uses numbing cream prior to the treatment.
What happens if I don't have my follow up procedure?
If the client does not have their follow up procedure within MAXIMUM 10 weeks after their initial procedure, they are required to pay an additional cost of $100 for their follow up. This will take us longer to do as the pigment has already started to fade before it was completed.
What pigments are used?
Feather uses only the highest quality pigments that do not contain any nasty ingredients such as: iron oxides, dangerous Azo dyes, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons = PAH, forbidden heavy metals, dangerous aromatic amines including NDELA = N- nitrosodiethanolamine. These pigments meet the requirements of ResAP (2008)1, the ruling of 21/12/2012 and the new pharmaceutical regulation from April 2013 concerning nickel.
These pigments are 100% vegan friendly, organic and cruelty free.
Will my brows turn pink or blue over time?
Not our brows!
Brows turn pink due to the technician going too deep within the skin and using pigments that contacin Iron Oxide. Our pigments contain no metals.
Brows that turn blue are due to the technician using a pigment colour that was too dark for the clients skin tone and also going too deep within the skin.
Why can't I have vitamin suppliments, drugs, alcohol, fish oil or asprin 5 days prior to my treatment?
These will thin the blood and cause bleeding during the treatment. If there is bleeding the pigment will not hold and will also make it difficult for the technician to perform.
Why can't I have coffee, green tea, pre work out or painkillers 24 hours prior to my treatment?
These are classed as stimulants and will cause bleeding during the treatment. If there is bleeding, this will affect the pigment retention and also make it difficult for the technician to perfom as well.
Why must I be so vigilant with my preparation and aftercare criteria?
If you do not follow the provided instructions properly the pigment will not hold as well as it should and you could also be at risk of possible infection. We do everything to Maintain Infection Control within the treatment room and provide these instructions to our clients to minimise any possible risk and for our clients to achieve the best results.
What happens if I have oily skin?
The Ombré technique is becoming very popular for its soft, powdery finish and ombré fade effect. This technique is best suitable for all skin types, especially those with oily skin and is also less invasive on the skin compared to the microblading.
Why can't I get my brows wet or sweat on my face for 2 weeks after each procedure?
We are creating a wound and water is contaminated! Water will also dry out the brows and create more scabbing which will affect the pigment retention. Sweating on the face will trap bacteria and also push the pigment out.
Can I still workout during the 2 weeks of healing?
It is highly recommended that you avoid all exercise for at least the first 7 days, from here you can you stick to less strenuous exercise until all the peeling and flaking has finished around 14 days.
How is the colour of the pigment chosen?
The colour of the pigment is determined according to the skin fitzpatrick scale. The brow speciliast will asses your hair colour, eye colour and skin tone and the colour will blend beautifuly with your natural brows.
What do I do if I have had my eyebrows tattooed previously by someone else?
Due to many Eyebrow Specialists having different techniques and using different pigments, we do not take on clients who have had their eyebrows done previously by another specialist. These clients are classed as a correction and unfortunately not everyone will be a candidate. If this is you, you will need to book in with our Cosmetic Tattoo Eyebrow Specialist for a complimentary 15 minute consultation, to assess your eyebrows and skin type and determine what the best solution for you will be to achieve brows like ours.
Please understand that any decision made by our brow specialist will be a professional and honest opinion, so our clients can achieve the best possible results.
What is Ombré Brows?
Ombré also known as Mist Brows or Shading is a form of Cosmetic Tattooing resulting in more of a soft powdery finish. The front of the brow is soft and light with more density of pigment added along the bottom of the brow, arch and tails to create more definition.
This technique is performed mechanically with a gentle machine and sterile needle, is less invasive on the skin compared to Microblading, lasts longer and is best suitable for all skin types especially oily skin.
What is Combination Brows?
Combining Feathering and Ombré techniques, we create a natural look by adding more density and fullness to the brows. This is achieved by implementing high quality pigments into the epidermal layer of the skin to create fine, delicate strokes of hair combined with subtle shading along the bottom and tail of the brow.
How long will it last?
Cosmetic Tattoo Treatments will last anywhere between 6-18 months and maintenance touch ups will vary depending on the clients skin, lifestyle and the type of technique that was chosen. Factors such as sun exposure, chemical peels, swimming in chlorinated water and certain skin types will make the brow tattoo fade quicker.
How do I prepare for my procedure?
- NO Vitamin Tablets, Fish Oil, Aspirin, Niacin, Painkillers or Vitamin E 4 days before
( These will cause bleeding which will push the pigment out and it wont hold )
- Avoid direct sun exposure and the use of solariums 7 days before
( Tanning stimulates your cell turn over / natural exfoliation. Pigment won't hold properly )
- Avoid consuming drugs and alcohol 72 hours prior
( Increases the blood flow )
- Discontinue using Active skin care that contains AHAs/BHAs and retinols 1 week prior
( Increases the cell turn over / exfoliation )
- NO Microdermabrasions, botox, peels, laser to the face 4 weeks before your procedure
- Wash your hair the morning of your procedure
- Do not undertake any physical activity on the morning of your treatment
- NO coffee, green tea, pre-work-out and other stimulants 24 hours before
* For those coffee lovers, try to book the first appointment of the day so you can have a coffee as soon as we have finished
* If you are a smoker, please be advised that smoking leads to delayed / poor healing
What will my brows look like after the procedure?
- Brows will appear 30 - 50% darker and wider initilly
- Day 5 they will start to become flakey and gradually peel off over the next few days
- Day 14 most of the pigment will disappear ( this is normal )
- 3 - 6 weeks after your initial treatment the pigment will gradually begin to reappear within the skin again
Who can have Cosmetic Tattooing?
Cosmetic Tattooing is perfect for those who want to fully reconstruct, define, cover gaps, or fill-in over plucked brows.
*Please refer to Treatment Contraindications
Cosmetic Tattoo Procedure Contraindications:
- Under the age of 18
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Roaccutane (Must wait 12 months after finishing course of this drug)
- Breast Feeding
- Cancer in the past 6 months
- Keloid Scarring
- Any form of Psoriasis (on the face)
- Any form of Eczema (on the face)
- Any form of Dermatitis (on the face)
- Local infection
- Blood infections
- Serious heart disorders
- Wound healing or skin healing problems
- Any major surgeries within 4 weeks
- Microdermabrasion, chemical peel, botox within 14 days
- Laser, IPL within 6 weeks
- Eyebrow waxing within 7 days
- Any other form of illness
- Moderate - Severe stress levels
* If you have any allergies to cosmetics you are required to have a test patch 48 hours prior to your treatment
A medical clearance is required if you have any of the following:
- Heart conditions
- High blood pressure
- Blood clotting abnormalities
- Auto immune diseases
- Medications prescribed by doctor
- If you are currently going through chemotherapy
What to do after my procedure?
- Gently wipe over brows with the provided Sterile Water Wipe 2 hours after your treatment
- Then apply the aftercare cream immideately after wiping over them
- Dry heal for the next 24 hours
- Then start applyig the provided aftercare cream 2-3 times per day for the next 14 days or until fully healed
- Do not pick the flakey parts of your brows or scratch them, otherwise this will pull the pigment out
- Avoid water, steam and sweating to the brows for the 2 weeks healing period
Do I need to pay a deposit?
All deposits are NON-REFUNDABLE.
- A $100 is required to secure all Cosmetic Eyebrow Tattoo Procedures as we need to allocate 2.5 - 3 hours of our time.
- A 30% deposit is required for ALL Saturday appointments.
- A 30% deposit is required if your appointment is longer than 1.5 hours.
- A 50% deposit is required if you have had more than 2 "no shows" recorded on your profile.
If you do not allow 24 hours notice, you will lose the required deposit amount. If you cancel/reschdule your appointment more than 24 hours prior we will move over your deposit or it can be fully redeemed on any product or service at Feather (not including injectables).
COSMETIC EYEBROW TATTOOING - If you do not allow 72 hours notice, or if you have not followed the preparation or eligibility criteria properly, you will lose the required deposit amount. If you cancel/reschedule your appointment more than 72 hours before, your deposit can be redeemed on any product or service at Feather (not including injectables).
This policy has been set in place due to high demand and to prevent no shows. Please bare in mind that we are a small business and these appointments require 1.5 - 3 hours of our time.
How can I pay?
Is the Brow Lamination or Lash Lift Vegan?
These solutions contain small amounts of ethically sourced lanolin for added hydration classifying the product as NON-vegan.
Do you stock vegan products?
YES! Elleevate Mascara, Elleeplex Advanced Lash Aftercare Serum, Brow Soap Bundle and Evening Brow Serum.
Is Ultraceuticals Cruelty Free?
YES! Ultraceuticals is proudly certified cruelty free with the organisation Choose Cruelty Free. Look for the globally recognised stamp on Ultraceuticals products. (These products are NOT Vegan)